residential landlords - party walls

Party walls are often publicised as the source of neighbour disputes; the legislation is complex so it is important to seek legal advice before you undertake any work which may engage the Party Wall Etc. Act 1996. It is understandable that owners may wish to protect the party wall from any work which interferes with, or create structures close to, their land. If you believe that your neighbour is undertaking work without a party wall agreement you should act quickly – perhaps obtain an ex parte injunction to prevent any damage to your property,

Our solicitors are experts and can advise on a range of matters including:

Whether the Act is engaged by the proposed development?
Whether excavations close to the party wall engage the Act?
The process for serving notices and counter notices.
Party wall awards.
Commence ex parte proceedings to obtain an injunction to prevent work which engages the Act.
Assist with the instruction of an agreed surveyor or the appointment of independent surveyor.
Advising on damages where notifiable work has damaged your property.
Basement excavations.
Special foundations.

Call us today and we can provide party wall advice and representation in party wall disputes under the Act.

Please contact us for further information by telephone for an informal conversation, or email details to us by completing our online enquiry form and we will call you back.

NOTE! This site uses cookies and similar technologies.

Our website uses Cookies to help improve your experience.
If you continue to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of Cookies.